The Tryon Town Hall was built in the early 1900s as a two level school. During the early 1940s, the original sloped roof was removed and a third floor added, converting the building to a hotel. The Town of Tryon converted the building to its Town Hall in 1953. This renovation returns features of the original building design, such as a sloped roof feature and larger window openings to the façade. Town functions and Police functions are distributed within the building in order to provide both street level and third level tenant space. A new support tower is constructed at the rear entrance, providing new toilets and a second exit stair.
Tryon Town Hall Renovation
Town of Tryon, Tryon, NC